April 06, 2014

Girly Bits Cosmetics - Peel Here and Remember Aja


Today I have used two of my Girly Bits polishes. The name 'Girly Bits' always makes me chuckle. If you know the creator, Pam, you will understand she has a wonderful sense of humour.

The main shade I have used is a grey called 'Peel Here'. There is a story to the name and it goes something like this: Pam's daughter, when very young was asked what was the name of a particular OPI polish. Now, if you are familiar with OPI, you will know that all of their labels at the bottom of the bottle, say 'Peel here' to reveal another label with ingredient and safety information as well as the name of the polish.

This grey is slightly holographic, has a silver and I think a pink shimmer. It is a very subtle polish. The first coat is a bit wishy washy, vague and uninspiring. Add another coat and it morphs into a rich elephant skin colour, creamy and self levelling. An easy polish to work with despite an awkward start!

The purple colour is a fabulous purple. It was created to remember Aja, a young girl who died in tragic circumstances. The proceeds go towards a fund in her memory.
The polish applies superbly, needs one or two coats, and dries smoothly and quickly. It has a linear and scattered effect, one of those grainy type of holo effects. If this finish has a proper name, I don't know it! Please let me know if you do!

Both polishes are available from http://www.girlybitscosmetics.com/.
If you are reading, then I'd love your comments, feedback is always appreciated. I am not a nail technician or a photographer! I do not claim to have fantastic nails. I simply own some fabulous polishes!

all rights reserved - www.lacquerland.co.uk 

1 comment:

Please add comments here, feedback is appreciated.
I have taken the spam verification off but this means I have to check every comment before it is published!